Saturday, January 8, 2011

The end of the 1st Semester

Well, the last day of the 1st semester is on the 20th and I feel safe to say that I survived. It has taken me the majority of the semester to completely catch on to the ins and outs of things here. We recently had a demo teaching day for principals and teachers in Taipei City.  There was 100+ people there. Talk about stress! I have never had to speak or teach in front of that many adults. Kids are a breeze! I managed to sing a quick phrase in front of the entire school with no issue. I don't know! My level of comfort is higher with the little ones. I will figure it out eventually.
We have had several meetings to discuss lesson plans, curriculum, and visiting schools lessons. I think our last meeting was very successful and now I can begin working on my plans for next semester. Thankfully, I get to teach gym and dance. My focus will be on line dances. I think the students will be able to learn them quickly and use English to teach others with some ease. English Club is finished for this semester and I have already been asked to get things detailed for next semester. The kids love Spongebob so I will try to find an episode that they can perform.
I am posting all the videos and pictures that I have yet to post. Sorry that there are so many! With the Chinese New Year coming, I'm sure there will be plenty more. Enjoy!


 I had to take antibiotics 3 times a day for 3 days. That was not fun!
 I liked how the pharmacist wrote this on my prescription!
 Visiting Schools
 Christmas Carols from one of the classes

 Christmas Decorations

 
  
 
 

 
 
 
 
Made from recycled materials
So cute!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment