Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Early Christmas Present!

Cindy and Cindy are both my students. Cindy #1 (pink) is responsible for cleaning a few of the areas in our English Village. Cindy #2 (blue) gives me hugs and barely knows 20 English words.
On my way home from school, Cindy #2 (blue) yells my name (Teacher Debon) as I'm getting ready to cross the street.I turn around to see who is calling me and I see her sprinting across the park towards me. When she makes it to me, she gives me a hug and tries to tell me that she is playing with her friend Cindy #1 (pink). Cindy #1 runs over to serve as the translator because she knows more words and sentences compared to Cindy #2. Cindy #2 asks for a kiss (she says my names and then perches her lips). She motions for her mouth, but I tell her no. I show her my cheek. She gives me a kiss on the cheek and says something to Cindy #1. Cindy #1 then translates that she wants to sing me a song. I say OK and then quickly tell them to wait so that I can get it on video.
As you can see, she may be a little girl, but she definitely has a big voice! It brought tears to my eyes to hear her sing a song so passionately and without fear. She has become my inspiration! If she can sing wholeheartedly and without fear, then I can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment