Saturday, September 18, 2010

Typhoon Fanapi


I guess this typhoon will really hit us. They just reported that it is speeding up towards Taiwan. People are preparing for its effects. It has been raining on and off all day. The banks have placed sand bags in front of their doors. Apartment building in my area have tied their trees down and to the building to keep them from blowing away. This will be my first typhoon so I will definitely let you know the outcome.
Today was my first (partici-panting!) Tae Kwon Do class. It was a workout! The kind of class that I took in America was called WTF (world) and this class is ITF (international). The classes are similar, but have different techniques. There was a guy there that spoke English quite well. He is a teacher at a school in Taipei County. He wasn't afraid to talk to me and we chatted during class because we were put in the same group (and he was my translator). A few of the other guys attempted to talk to me, but kept saying that their English was poor. It's funny how they say that their English is poor when we hold a conversation. I have to help boost their confidence. There are only 4 females in the class. The other females (including a 5th grader) are black belts. It was pretty cool watching them do spinning jump kicks. They were synchronized like on TV. I'm going to spend the rest of the night elevating my aching feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment