Sunday, September 12, 2010

Down by the riverside

I had a relaxing day by the riverside. The breeze was great! There were many people out today. Kites were flying, people were riding bikes, and kids were playing everywhere. The river is very close to the airport. I saw several planes takeoff next to the bridge. The first one scared me because it was so low. After sitting by the river, I walked around a neighborhood. The neighborhood had a temple at the start of it. I took some pictures, but didn't want to go inside. I walked to Carrefour to get some groceries for the week and saw a coworker that lives in the same building. She told me that she was cooking dinner and wanted to make some for me. I didn't refuse. I still can't pronounce it, but I can tell you what was in it. The dish had chicken pieces, carrots, rice, onions, and some kind of sauce. It was pretty good! She gave me too much (or what I thought was too much) to I packed the rest of it for Monday's lunch. After about 15 mins, she knocked on my door and gave me some soup. I have to get used to eating soup outside of winter time.
Saturday, we had to work from 8:30 - 12pm. It was more like an Open House. Parents visited each English Village classroom. We were done by 10:30am. I just worked on finishing an English Corner video. My next video has to be about Teacher's Day. After work, everyone came to my apartment building for a birthday and housewarming celebration. We had pizza and KFC along with some desserts that Teacher Monica made. We sat and talked for a couple of hours. It was nice. Of course, I worked on my comprehension skills of the language. I'm getting there. I know it will take some time, but I get better each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment