Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Worship Day - School Staff Field Trip

Our school has a Worship Day each year. In previous years, they would stand at the front gate of the school. Not sure what kind of worship would take part, but I do know that this year they wanted to do something different. So, they got a bus for us and took us to Yilan. Yilan is on the East side of Taiwan.  It used to take 2 hours to get there, but they built a tunnel and not it takes only 30-45min. There was a disco ball with working lights on the bus along with karaoke. I was surprised to hear that one of my many directors could sing quite well.
We toured a museum, went to a temple, had coffee at Mr. Browns, and stopped at a souvenir bread shop on the way home. We had lunch a small restaurant located down the street from the museum.  The people here at 10 course meals almost everyday! I was full after the first 5 dishes. Yes, I tried everything, but the squid. I was being very brave!!! I have quickly learned that I am not a seafood person. 
It was a very tiring day, but I'm glad that we went. It was a great way to fellowship. It started raining so a lot of pictures have rain spots. Sorry! Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment