Sunday, February 13, 2011

Danshui Area

After cold weather and lots of rain, the sun magically appeared on a Saturday. The weather was great! I decided to take a trip out to Danshui, which is on the red line via Taipei Metro. It took me about an hour to get there, but it was a nice ride. I was able to see some different areas of Taiwan because the metro took us through tunnels and out in the open. The water was very calm. I noticed on the metro that a lot of people were looking at me. It was weird! I just smiled, said hello, and acknowledge that I saw them by nodding my head. They looked at me from head to toe, but paid special attention to my hair. One kid even got on the metro, pointed at me, and said "black!" I just smiled and laughed because that wasn't the first time that has happened. It is amazing how many people here that have NEVER seen a black person before. I love how they try to sneak and take your picture. I will take the picture with them if they would just ask or gesture. I guess I will work on that with them while I'm here. The line to ride the ferry was super long so I didn't even attempt to get on it. I will try again when it stops raining so much. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment