Friday, October 1, 2010

Question Answered!!!

Well, yesterday it was raining all day. I bought a new umbrella the previous night and forgot it at home. So, I was stuck with an umbrella that was falling apart at all angles. It still served its purpose and I managed to make it home without it taking me on a flight with all the wind or giving me a shower. While I was walking home, I started thinking about the weather. I was thinking about how it rains basically everyday for at least 15-20mins. Then I began to wonder if it ever stormed or if there was lightening here. I couldn't remember! Well, I got my answer at 3am this morning! I was awaken by the loudest clap of thunder I have ever heard! It was so loud that it felt like it was right there in the room with me. Each time it sounded off, my apartment shook in fear. I probably was shaking in fear too, but can't remember because I was tired. After about the 5th boom, I felt my bed shake. I sat up and said "Are you serious?!?" Yep! You guessed; an earthquake. I was too tired to even care. I simply pulled the blanket up and rolled over to try and get a few more hours of sleep. When it was time for work, the sun was shining like nothing ever happened. This weather is so weird! I checked the Central Weather Bureau and learned that it was a 5.1 earthquake. I guess I am getting like everyone else here. They are used to the shakes and the rain. It doesn't stop them from doing much. Talk about adjusting to your environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment